发信人: LodossWar (sleepycat), 信区: DotNet
标 题: .Net remoting vs web service
发信站: Unknown Space - 未名空间 (Tue Oct 21 22:47:03 2003) WWW-POST
My words on this issue:
.Net remoting is more flexible and should be used for performance
ASP.NET Web Services: 1
.NET Remoting: 2
1. Can be accessed only over HTTP
2. Can be accessed over any protocol (including TCP, HTTP, SMTP and so on)
- State Management:
1. Web services work in a stateless environment
2. Provide support for both stateful and stateless environments through
Singleton and SingleCall objects
- Type System:
1. Web services support only the datatypes defined in the XSD type system,
limiting the number of objects that can be serialized.
2. Using binary communication, .NET Remoting can provide support for rich
1. Web services support interoperability across platforms, and are ideal for
2. .NET remoting requires the client be built using .NET, enforcing
1. Highly reliable due to the fact that Web services are always hosted in
2. Can also take advantage of IIS for fault isolation. If IIS is not used,
application needs to provide plumbing for ensuring the reliability of the
1. Provides extensibility by allowing us to intercept the SOAP messages
during the serialization and deserialization stages.
2. Very extensible by allowing us to customize the different components of
the .NET remoting framework.
1. Easy-to-create and deploy.
2. Complex to program.
Both the .NET remoting and ASP.NET Web services are powerful technologies that
provide a suitable framework for developing distributed applications. It is
important to understand how both technologies work and then choose the one
that is right for your application. For applications that require
interoperability and must function over public networks, Web services are
probably the best bet. For those that require communications with other .NET
components and where performance is a key priority, .NET Remoting is the best
choice. In short, use Web services when you need to send and receive data from
different computing platforms, use .NET Remoting when sending and receiving
data between .NET applications. In some architectural scenarios, you might
also be able to use.NET Remoting in conjunction with ASP.NET Web services and
take advantage of the best of both worlds.
※ 修改:·LodossWar 於 Oct 21 22:47:03 修改本文·[FROM: 151.201.]
※ 来源:．Unknown Space - 未名空间 mitbbs.com．[FROM: 151.201.]